Vijay: Can we start??

Vijay: Can we start?? Nelson: If you are ready, we can start sir. Vijay: How much more ready can I be? Nelson: Let me sit normally, This is kind of uncomfortable. Nelson: Since I'm planning to ask some serious questions to you, sir. Vijay: Serious? How to answer seriously? Looking at you makes me want to laugh. Nelson: The sight of me makes you laugh? in a serious way. Vijay: Let's Do one thing, ask me the question and turn around, I will answer then. Nelson: Turn Around? Shall I write the questions in a paper and go away? Both Vijay & Nelson Laughs Nelson: Please Adjust with me Vijay: Okay Ask. Nelson: You can't say this as a question per we, You can say it's more of a doubt. Nelson: It's been a long time since you met the press or gave interviews Nelson: It must be around 10 years. Nelson: Is there any specific reason for not meeting the press? Or you didn't find time to meet them? Vijay: It's not about time. I'm not that busy. I can definitely allocate some time and give an interview. but somehow things didn't fall in place and got delayed. Vijay: There was an incident that happened 10-11 Years ago. You can say that it's one of the reasons. Vijay: In an interview, I said something and I think they misrepresented or misinterpreted what I said, something like that happened. Vijay: I thought to myself, this is controversial? let me not speak for a while and then it continued so far. Nelson: It happened 10 years ago? If that has affected you so much, what kind of incident was that? What was that incident that made you silent for 10 years? Vijay: I was trying to say something. When it was read in the text it came across as harsh. Even I saw myself as a different person Even I felt that it was not me. Even my close friends and family were saying that the words looked arrogant but you are not like that. Vijay: Then I explained to them that I said something but what was published was different. But it is not possible for me to explain that to every reader Vijay: then I thought of staying silent and, 10 years passed. Vijay: So in recent times, whatever I wish to talk, I collect all those thoughts and speak in audio functions Vijay: Especially when I start with "People who dwell in my heart" I think about the love showered on me, the affection, the admiration, and the feeling that I'm part of people's lives. It gives me lots of joy to think about it. Vijay: That's why I make it a point to participate in these functions. Vijay: To answer your question of why no interview for 10 years, I felt like giving an interview. Let me speak. Nelson: It's a good thing you got that thought so we are having this interview. Vijay: But, I never expected that you will take this interview after 10 years. Nelson: You must be thinking, Damn, after 10 years, I get trapped in an interview with him. Vijay: Okay Okay. It's going good (Sarcastically) Nelson: It has just started, you will see how it progresses. Nelson: Basically, what you wanted to say was projected differently? Vijay: It's okay. I'm not saying anything wrong about anybody. Nelson: Sir, Do you know the main purpose of this interview. Vijay: Yes, Tell me. Nelson: There is a movie named Beast right? The movie is nearing release. To promote your movies usually, there will be an audio launch, there will be an appearance, and your fans will see you. This time we did not have that privilege. Nelson: So instead we thought let us have an interview, experience. How is the movie? Is it Nice? Nelson: Tell us about your Beast where you can talk about it. That's Vijay: Who knows, we will know only when it comes out. Nelson: Cant we say, we have done so much hard work and It came out well, you know something like that Vijay: Everybody is working hard. Even you will say that right? Nelson: Yes, I will say that. Please say a few good words about it, sir. Vijay: Cha Cha, It's not like that. I don't know what to say about my own movie Vijay: We don't make a movie with the intention of making a film that's not nice. Vijay: We are all making every movie thinking it should come out well and do well. Some of it clicks and some of it misses. That's it. Vijay: See, my focus is, I listen to stories, I find them interesting, and do the movie. Once it is done, all I think about is, whether the aspects I liked and found interesting are translated on screen. Even I don't know about the end result of the project. Vijay: When someone new watches the movie, based on their feedback only can understand that this movie worked. The story that we wanted to convey has been reached. it has reached well. Till then we won't know. Vijay: Because a few projects get completed within 7-8 months before. Some projects take more than a year. So we can't actually say. Vijay: Many People will ask how the movie came out? I will reply I usually tell them I don't know you watch it and tell me. Vijay: I will say something and after watching the movie they will ask me "Is this the movie you told was great?" Vijay: So (Zipping the mouth) is Best. Nelson: Safest answer sir, I am going to follow the same when someone asks me this question. Will say once the movie releases you will know how it is. Vijay: But one thing, you are cleverest director Nelson: Is it sir? Vijay: I'm not saying this because you are here. You are very clever. I have seen this in a few directors in my experience and I'm seeing that in you too. Nelson: If you just talk about me and not the rest of the people in the movie there will be trouble so let me ask you about each one by one. Nelson: Pooja Hegde Vijay: All of my friends and people I know said that the pairing is very nice and they say that it is looking fresh. Vijay: And she's very professional. And no issues at all with her, she comes and does her job perfectly. It was interesting to see her take an effort to prepare her Tamil dialogues. Vijay: And then Ani(Anirudh) I think Ani is at the peak right now. Vijay: Whatever he touches is turning gold. The thing is he is kind of surprising us every time. Vijay: He has given something, we will think about what else can be next? He gives something bigger than that. Vijay: You all have listened to two songs. You also must have listened to that. Recently he's sent me something named Beast Mode. Vijay: It's like a theme and it is brilliant. I'm waiting for you all to listen to that. Vijay: Ani is never like, We have done so much, let us relax. That effort to be up is always there. In that way, he's too good. Nelson: In this interview beyond the fun and about the movie, I want to learn more about you personally. Nelson: I have traveled with you for like 150 days or so, in this I wanted to ask about the things I don't know about and the things I'm unable to understand about you. Nelson: That will be the audience's Point of View too. Because, this is what we know, Apart from this what are the things we don't know? That will be the angle I will be asking. Nelson: I'm unable to understand what you will react to and what you won't react and what is your reaction limit? I just can't assess that. Nelson: I will speak with your assistants to see what you feel about certain things. They will say that we are as clueless as you are, we too don't know what sir is thinking. Nelson: If I say something to you and if you are impressed by that or not, whether you like it or not I can't tell. Nelson: Right from the time I narrated the script, From then till now the movie is even done, even now you are saying that let others see and decide. Nelson : Basically, I haven't seen you get angry. Touchwood, I don't know if I have taken the movie without you getting angry And I haven't seen you yell at people Nelson: And I haven't seen you getting emotional, getting upset Nelson : Basically you maintain a straight face. We are unable to figure out anything from that. Nelson : So what makes you emotional? Vijay : I can say 50-50. I get angry, I won't say I don't get angry. But I won't react much. It's very rare, I kind of become silent. Vijay : And this emotional side, my close ones would say to me that I have an emotional side but I'm not showing it out. They say that I have to show it out occasionally. We can't figure out a thing from your face. Vijay : Are you happy or sad, we can't figure out a thing. I think it's a manufacturing defect. I'm unable show it Vijay : If you analyze our lives, most of the problems in our lives are due to the decisions we make when we are angry or emotional decisions. So why? Vijay : There is a quote, it says "If you miss an opportunity, don't fill your eyes with your tears. It will hide another better opportunity in front of you." Vijay : It's One Life - Be jolly, take it easy - make it easy. Nelson : Cool. I feel the same when I'm watching you, that you are very jolly Nelson : That's good in a way too. Even if you are angry with me you won't show it to me so.. Nelson : This is the state for people who are traveling with you for years, I'm just traveling with you very recently so it's okay for me. Nelson : Already you have faced this question many times. Vijay: Definitely Definitely, it will come. Nelson: You must be thinking What is that you want, tell me correctly. Vijay: If you keep asking like that, Definitely it will come. Nelson : is it? Then let's cut this question and move on. Nelson: Another thing which I don't understand is whether you are doing it deliberately or not. Nelson: While we were shooting in Georgia, Someday during the break time, we were returning after dinner. You asked us to go and you said you will join us half an hour later. Nelson: I asked you where are you going by cutting us off. You said you are going to church Nelson: To Church? When a person goes abroad and still wants to go to church? Then the belief must be strong. Also, truth to be told I'm unable to believe that first of all. Nelson: After that when I noticed, you were really at Church. Then on the next day when I asked about the same, you told me that I prayed for you too. Nelson: So basically are you a spiritual person? Do you believe in god? tell us about it. Vijay: I'm a firm believer. I go to church. I get a good feeling going there. Not only that I have been to Pillayarpatti Vinayagar temple, Thirunallaru temple. I get the same divine feel there too. Vijay: Once I went to Ameen Peer Dargah at Kadappa district during Kaththi Shoot. Vijay: Be it Church, Temple, or Dargah I get the same divine feel everywhere. Vijay: I don't see all that, My mother is a Hindu, my father is a Christian, they had a love marriage. They never restricted me where to go or where not to go. It was never like that. Vijay: I say the same thing to my kids. So while we were at Georgia, I saw this church near our hotel, also I'm unable to visit any church often in Chennai so why not take this opportunity to say hi there. Nelson: So be it Temple, Church or Dargah Vijay : Yes Yes, All are the same. Nelson : So you believe in God. Vijay : Yes Yes. Nelson : Generally we don't know about this. I had this doubt from the Georgia times, so just wanted to know about it. Is it just for the sake of Photos or you are really into it? Nelson: So I asked this in public because I can get this answer only if I catch you with this question in public. Nelson: The next question is, I'm not sure If I can ask this, but anyway I'm going to ask this question. Please don't get offended. Vijay: You ask the question first, then let me decide. Nelson: You can answer this if you want to, or you can also skip the question if you want to. Vijay: What sort of question are you going to ask? Nelson: There will be a lot of personal relationships like with a Mother, kids, father, Grandfather. So what is your thought about these relationships, Like if you take a relationship, who are they, what kind of person they are how they should be. We will have an opinion about each in general Nelson: So on that note, I wanted your opinion about a relationship. Vijay: So "Father"? Nelson: Yes!! Nelson: Yes ji, The same. Vijay: Why are you thinking so much about that? Nelson: I'm thinking because it's a personal question, sir. Few things are like that so I was hesitant to ask about it. Should I ask, or Shouldn't but I decided to ask anyway Vijay: There's nothing to be worried about. When we see a beautiful tree we see the flowers and we don't see the effort of the root. Fathers are like that. They are the root of every family. Vijay: We won't know that when we are sons. We will understand that only when we have a son. If someone says something good about a quality we have, it came from them. Vijay : To put it short, the only difference between God and Father is we can't see god, I'm not saying just about my father but Fathers in general. God couldn't seen but Father we can see. Nelson : IT's sweet and what you said felt genuine. Nelson : No, people speak for the sake of the interview, we can easily find it out. This answer of yours felt very much genuine. Nelson: As a father tell me, your son Sanjay has any ambitions to become an actor? If so when? Vijay : I have no clue what's in his mind. Nelson : But have you said to him that he should become an actor or something like that? Vijay: No No, I haven't said anything like that. Nelson: What sir, As a father shouldn't you be dominating? Vijay: Chi Chi, I would never do that, It's his interest. If he feels he needs my support then I will support him. Nelson: So your kids have full freedom to choose what they want? Vijay: Yes, they do. I don't command like they have to do this or that. Vijay: But, few people asked for him to act. I communicate this to him, and I say these people are asking and at the end of the day, you have to decide whether to take this or not. He says - just don't disturb me for a couple of years. I don't want this right now. Vijay : What I found interesting is that once Premam director Alphonse Puthren came to meet me. I was thinking he came to narrate a story for me. He said he wanted to narrate a story for my son. I was like - is it? Nelson : Is it like only if your son agrees, you have to do the movie? Like that? Vijay : It's a story for Sanjai. It's a boy next door story. I Liked that story very much Vijay : I secretly wished for that project to happen. I wished that Sanjay accepts it, it would have been good. I told the same to him. He said he doesn't want to do that right now and inform t to the director sir. Let's see after a couple of years. I was like okay. Nelson : So only he knows what he's gonna do? Vijay : Yes, only he knows Whether he's going to be behind the camera or in front of the camera, Whatever he does I will be very happy. Nelson : I think I have told you this already during the shoot. You are at the top for l 20-25 years, In order to maintain that consistently, you need a strong base. You have an audience and fans who are there for you consistently. They are there to celebrate when some good things happen to you and they are there to defend you and protect you on all platforms when something is against you. Nelson : Do you have anything to say to these fans? Vijay : As I said earlier, all my fans(Friends) are at a different level. To say it in your style -" Very Different, Very Different". Vijay : I don't want to say "I'm not that big to give advice" and escape, I have a close to heart advice which I want to share. Vijay :For instance, There is a cricket match that is happening and the batsman while playing his aim would want to hit every ball for a six, while the same person while fielding wishes for every ball to turn into a catch. If you hit, hit for a six, if you dive, dive for a catch. Whatever it is, we should be the one who plays or the one who cheers we shouldn't just be critiquing the player. Take it or leave it, free advice. Nelson : It's nice only. Vijay : All the best for all your success. Nelson : Basically you are saying that there should be a participation rather than giving opinions for the sake of it. Nelson : It's been 30 years, You have done so many films and played many characters, of all the characters who were you able to connect with? Vijay: In real life? Nelson: Yes, In real life, I can connect with these characters among the characters I have done. Vijay: We can say that A Little bit of Pokiri, we can say that a little bit of Beast. Nelson: Is it sir? Vijay: Yea, Please don't think I'm saying this because the movie is getting released or I'm saying this for promotion. Nelson: I would never think like that definitely sir. Vijay : Yea, A little bit of Pokiri and a little bit of beast but always "Nanban"(friend) for everyone. Nelson: I'm saying this since you have mentioned Beast, I wrote the character with how you are you were in the character. I was able to connect with that character offscreen. Vijay : I can easily relate to my attitude Nelson : Even when were are not acting and on the sets, I felt like Personally I can relate with of screen Nelson: If you haven't mentioned it, I would have asked you the same. Vijay: Yea, I'm talking about the way the character reacts & talks. Definitely not about shooting and killing though. Nelson: Definitely Definitely (Laughs) Nelson: The way you come to the floor, the way you sit, the way you greet someone, the way you talk, your gestures and body language. I wanted that same vibe to be carried in the movie. Nelson: Maybe if the film does well and you might feel that I can take the movie crew to someplace? Will you get that thought? Vijay: I will go separately, you can go separately. Nelson: Why should I ask a question for you to go separately? Nelson: What I'm asking is, Sir will have a favorite place and he will take us there if the movie does well. Okay, let's forget the future, at least let us know your favorite place. We will follow you there. Vijay: Yes, there is a favorite place. But let me go there. Nelson: What is this sir? Okay let it be, What will you do in that place? Vijay: I don't have a plan per se to do there. My maximum need is a good hotel in downtown with a good view. Vijay: If I open the window screen the view should be good. I could just sit across in a chair for the whole day even. It kind of feels good. Nelson: So you will go to the USA and open the curtain and sitacross in a chair? Nelson: So if we come there too,then we have sat across in a chair side by side? Nelson: It's okay sir, even if Beast does well, maybe you should go on vacation. That will be better for all of us. Nelson: I have another doubt. Here you wake up at around 5.30 AM will it be the same there or you will sleep till 11 -12 PM Vijay: I will wake up around 6 there. Nelson: 6 AM? Vijay: Now you know what happens if you come on holiday with me? Nelson: If we come for holiday with you, you might even pour water on us to wake us up at 6 every day. Nelson: Best option would be for you to go for the holiday on your own and come back and share the stories. Vijay: I don't have any checkboxes to tick, I do whatever I feel that day. I like to walk in the streets and eat in some shops there and walk back. That's it. Vijay: I'm not going to change because of a new place. Just the places change, my character remains the same. Nelson: Isn't there an Indian Version and Abroad Version? Vijay: No No, I have only one version of me. Nelson: Glad that you spoke about it, sir. I am just thinking how it would be if you have called us and we have gone there, woke up early and sat across in a chair? So it's okay sir, You have a good time there. Nelson: Another thing I noticed after the project was finalized you invited me for a casual dinner. Nelson: I too came for that. So I was like, I'm going to have dinner with Sir, so the food is going to be something special. Also being a foodie, I was expecting a lot and had a very little earlier and came for the dinner. Nelson: We were talking on and on. Then the time comes for dinner and you asked us if we can have dinner and then you take out this Biriyani from a plastic cover. I was like, I'm eating this 100 Rupees Biriyani for ages, I came here to eat this? Nelson: That was a turn-off for me sir. That day I decided, whenever you call me to eat, I'm going to eat at home and come there. Vijay: It will be very very tasty. Nelson: I agree with that. But when Vijay Sir is calling for dinner, we will have an expectation of having a full-on feast with a wide variety of dishes right? This is what I had on my mind. Nelson: When you took that plastic cover, everything just sank. Then I decided this is not going, we have to eat and go out somewhere. Nelson: Similarly when we went shopping in Georgia, You have this simple lifestyle, be it this simple food or while shopping you were looking for simple clothes and looking at the value for money of the product. You come across as having a very simple life. Nelson: I never imagined it before meeting you. I had this doubt before whether you are a simple person in reality or trying to project yourself as a simple person. Vijay: That's just me. Nelson: I realized it once I get to know you. Vijay: The things I choose are all normal. For example the 100 rupees Biriyani. Nelson: So the point here to note is, You shouldn't go eat with him, you shouldn't go shopping with him and you shouldn't go for a holiday with him. Nelson: Now I understood it clearly sir. Our team used to ask me when will Sir treat us or take us for a vacation? By now all of them would have packed their bags home. Let's leave them alone. Nelson: Recently we had a get-together with you along with Lokesh & Atlee. We took a picture for the memory and Lokesh posted it on Social Media. What is your thought on seeing the three of us in that picture? Vijay: These three guys? I took that picture. Nelson: Yes Yes, you took that, When you see that picture some thought will be in your mind? What is that thought? Nelson: I'm asking this because you are working mostly with young directors. Be it Lokesh, or Atlee - whose second movie was yours, For Lokesh only Maanagaram had released. For me, it was only Kolamaavu Kokila. Nelson: So whenever the news comes, it will be surprising to many. You have been doing this consistently for a while. So I expected you to say something good about the three of us, but then you are saying "These three guys?" Vijay: That day, three of you were discussing very seriously. So I just wanted to know what you guys were discussing so seriously. You guys were discussing your salary for your next movie. Vijay: I came back and thought to myself, I told these guys to write a good movie and these guys are discussing the salary for their next movie. What am I going to do with them? Nelson: You heard that? We didn't want you to know that, so we went away to discuss that. You must be curious about the serious discussion of directors. Nelson: Then the conversation became normal. Whatever needs to happen will happen by itself. Nelson: Anyway, I'm not going to ask about that photo anymore. Nelson: For the English new year all of us will make a resolution, like we shouldn't be like this anymore and stuff like that. Like this, do you make any new year resolutions? If so what kind of resolutions do you make? Vijay: I make resolutions on the 1st and break them on 2nd. I will be a new Vijay from today on the 1st and then on the 2nd, I will be like, no no, I'm the same old Vijay. Nelson : Will follow for just one day? Vijay : Used to do in olden times Now not in a range. Vijay: I'm reminded of my friends. All of them are like this. Nelson: After 1st, I am going to be a different person. And then on the 2nd, we will be back to normal. Vijay: Yea !! Nelson: So do you already decide the genre or type of movies you are going to do next and listen to the stories? And accept the stories which match your mindset or how do you go about it? Vijay: No No, Nothing like that. I listen to stories with a blank mind. Vijay: Few people ask me if they can give me the gist of the story and then go about it. I ask them not to do anything like that and ask them to narrate the story completely. I like to listen to the narration without any expectations. Vijay: Also, I won't be able to get it right if they narrate in 5-10 minutes. I need to hear at least 75% of the story to get it completely. You will get that Vibe only then, if that connects then I proceed with that. Nelson: So you listen without any expectations and then you decide based on your instincts and the vibes you get. Vijay: Yea, But I will see to it that it's a wholesome package. I see if everything fits in the story organically. Nelson: I know, this could be a cliched question, but still I want you to answer that. What would be the question Vijay would ask if Vijay is interviewing Vijay? Vijay: So, Hi Bro Nelson: Hi Bro, I'm just a dupe here. Vijay: So Tamil Cinema has brought you here and kept you at this place. So when are you going to do a movie which takes Tamil Cinema to the next level? Nelson: Super question. So when are you going to do that? Vijay: I should answer that too? Nelson: Yes sir, You should say that. Double action sir, you have asked the question now you have to answer that. Vijay: You asked what will be the question, I answered that. Now you cannot add another question to that. Let's go to the next question. Nelson: That's nothing extra. Following the rules to the. I know you won't answer that. Nelson: Okay Fine. I asked you a couple of simple questions and you answered them easily. Now comes another tricky question for you. Nelson: You are right now at your peak in Cinema. You were "Ilaya Thalapathy" When that title would flash in the theatre, your fans would be roaring. That's usually the scene with the most whistles and cheering. Then it became "Thalapathy". Nelson: The whistles also doubled after that. The high on seeing Starring "Thalapathy" gives a different high. So my thought always was that I should craft a scene that overtakes this response in the movie. Nelson: The "Thalapathy" tag is that powerful. This tag is a positive tag, which has a lot of momentum and it's in your fan's minds.You have been traveling with this for a while. Is this enough or do you think this will evolve into a "Thalaivan" (leader) tag? DO you want to evolve from Thalapathy to Thalaivan? Vijay: Thought you will ask this. Nelson: You must be thinking, I should have asked this in private. Vijay: Just because the shoot is over, you are asking all these questions? Nelson: They asked me to do this before the shooting got completed. I said no to them then. Nelson: See, This is not my personal question. I'm just a representative. Many people want to know the answer. So if you are upset please don't take it out on me. Vijay: There's nothing wrong with it. Nelson: To make it short, Does "Thalapathy" wish to become "Thalaivan"(Leader)? Vijay: See, In these 30 years, it was the fans who made me "Thalapathy".over a period of time So the fans have to decide whether to see me as Thalaivan(leader) or not. Also, the situation plays a major role in this. Vijay: If you ask me, I like to be "Vijay" but if the fans and the situations demand a change then I have to change? Vijay: Situations decide if I have to be Beast Vijay or Poove Unakkaga Vijay. Now which Vijay do you want now? Nelson: I'm happy with the Vijay who's giving me an interview right now. That's enough for me. Vijay: Right, super, Can we move to the next question? Nelson: Yes Sir, I have a few more questions. Nelson: I will tell you why I asked this question. During the recent local body elections, few people used your pictures and contested the elections and few among them won too. On seeing that I had this question in my mind. Nelson: Since politically people are representing you, why not ask about this to you. Also, I want to know what you think of this and what do you want to communicate to them? Vijay: I would like to congratulate them on this occasion. There are few who are genuinely into this and they want to serve people genuinely. They want to go to the next level in their journey and I don't want to be a hurdle to their ambition. It's their wish. Vijay: The thing is they asked me if they can use my Pictures during the campaign. I told them that if it's really useful then go ahead and use them. I don't have any issues. Many of them won the elections and my wishes to them. Vijay: I'm following what they are doing too. They are very genuine in their service, yea I'm happy about it. Nelson: I asked that question because of this. Nelson: My next question is sort of a follow-up question to that. You told me that you have to adapt according to the situation. You're spending most of your time in Cinema, do you have time to watch and analyze what's happening in society? Nelson: Like this shouldn't have happened, This could have been different. Have any incidents touched you like that? Vijay: Yes, I do watch. I'm watching more than I used to do before. I used to read only Cinema related news, but now I'm keenly watching everything. All the departments are doing a good job, I won't deny that. Vijay: Maybe for a few incidents, I felt it could have been different, I felt some precautions could have been taken. I am talking about a few incidents which I read about in the paper. Nelson: Like what sir? An incident you read about? Vijay: Yea Yea. Vijay: Recently there was an incident at Pasumalaipatti in the Puthukottai district. An 11-year-old kid named Pugazhendhi lost his life in an accidental firing during a training session at the Sniper Training site there. Vijay: Then the site was closed and the boy's family was given compensation. That is a commendable thing. A similar thing happened near perambalur district too fortunately there was no fatal damage. IT would be great if the root cause is found for these incidents and precautions were made for that. Nelson: One could feel that a situation could have been avoided, things could have been done differently. Do you have any thoughts you want to share on how it could have been avoided? Vijay: I have heard that the Sniper Training Sites are generally out of town. They calculate the distance the bullet can travel and have the site in an outer area where there are no people around. Due to the expansion of the Villages and cities the sites are now nearby towns or in the middle of the towns. Vijay: Maybe they can shift it to the place where there aren't too many people around. Vijay: There's another way. I think it's called Computer Simulated Training Practice. They can practice like that too. With all the precautions it will be very good. Vijay: Already they are doing a good job, the police department is doing very well, but with these precautionary measures it will be better is what I feel. Nelson: So after reading the news which affects you, there's thought for what to do is in your mind too. Vijay: These are the things we hear. When we talk about these things to people related to them, some ideas get stuck in our minds. Nelson: Okay Sir. It has gone a bit serious, let us loosen upa bit. Vijay: Yes Yes Yes. Vijay: It must be very tough for you to ask suchserious questions? Nelson: It is tougher for me than for you. Nelson: I'm having this kind of conversation with you for the first time. Nelson: Let us tone down a bit. I have another doubt, you can say it as even a personal doubt. I know you have around 4-5 Cars. I think it is during the state elections while browsing through Twitter there was something else trending that day at a different level Nelson: You had gone to vote in a Cycle. There were many reasons and speculations. Each came up with their own reason for that. Why did you opt for a cycle when you have 4 cars? Nelson: What made you choose the cycle over the 4 cars you have. What were you trying to say through that? There are so many questions. Maybe you can tell us the reason yourself. Nelson: It would be great if you can clear that up. Vijay: The school is behind my house, I came down and saw the cycle, I got reminded of my son and so I thought of going in a cycle. That's the flashback for this. Nelson: Your son's thoughts on that day made you the topic of discussion for the whole day. Did you read or hear about that? Vijay: I just went there casually and the things you guys did for that. I never imagined these aspects of my action at all. Nelson: Yes Sir, I was thinking about how you managed to ride in the crowd. Vijay: The highlight of this incident is when I returned home my son called me and asked if the Cycle is alright and not damaged? Nelson: When you mentioned your son called you, I thought he would have asked if you are safe Vijay: I told him," It's a miracle that I came home safe and you are asking about your cycle. Cut the call now" Nelson: Many people had different thoughts that day and your son had the best of all. Nelson: Is that it? That's the story? Vijay: Yes. Nelson: You took the cycle because the booth was behind your house? Vijay: That's it. Nelson: If the booth was on the same street, you would have walked there? Nelson: Let's leave the cycle and move to your Rolls Royce. I've noticed it t right from the day I came to narrate the story to you. I behaved decently and didn't ask you about it. Nelson: When you brought that car to the shoot, We (myself, Sathish, pooja included) all decided that somehow we have to ride in that car and we blocked the car. Nelson: You just came from your caravan. We were all planning that we will shoot only if you take us for a ride in the car. Nelson: I was thinking if we say that, you might say don't shoot and ride back home. But you were sweet enough and took all of us for a ride and you drove it yourself. When thinking about it, what are your thoughts on that incident? Vijay: Waste of petrol, nothing else. Nelson: What? Petrol Waste? Vijay: I'm just kidding. Nelson: Thought so. That ride holds a special place in our minds. Vijay: I liked it a lot. Even Sathish keeps talking about it a lot. Param and Sathish took a video of the entire ride. Nelson: Yes, They forgot who is driving, they were having time of their life. Vijay: If you have those videos, you should share that with our people. It will be fun. Nelson: With sir's permission whatever happened in that ride, I'm sharing it with you. Sathish - People you saw so far are the cleaner, and the person you are seeing now is the owner. Nelson: I have one more doubt, sir. The next movie you are doing, is it a Telugu - Tamil bilingual or a straight Telugu film? Vijay: It is a Tamil Film. Just like how we make a Tamil film and dub it later in Telugu. Since the producer Dil Raju and director Vamsi are involved, there is a feeling that it is a Telugu film. Nelson: So it is not a Telugu-Tamil Bilingual? Vijay: No, it is a proper Tamil movie. He met me for a direct Tamil movie proposal. Nelson: So it is a Tamil Film? Vijay: Yes Yes. Nelson: We are done with the questions. But we have one more issue. Since there was no audio launch we are facing different problems from the fans. The fans are angry with s because of this. Nelson: Generally for all your films, there is an audio launch which in itself is a highlight and your Kutty Story(Short Story) in that Audio Launch function is a highlight. We missed that opportunity. Nelson: So, we will be happy if you can tell us a "Kutty Story" Vijay: I don't have any stock right now. Nelson: Please search in your pockets and find us one. Nelson: You can definitely find something for us. Vijay: I read something funny recently. I will link that and try to tell you something Vijay: It will be good if we are of any help to anybody in our life. There is no use if we are of no help. Vijay: Let me give you an example - Air. See how many ways the Air is helping us. Vijay: Let it be an imaginary conversation between two. Nelson: Who are the two? Vijay: So one day, a Football asks a flute. We both have the same air inside us. While you are being kissed, I'm being kicked, why? Vijay: Flute replied that The answer is simple, you keep the air you received within you so you are being kicked. I make music out of the air I receive and share it with the world. Whoever shares will be kissed and whoever keeps things for themselves will be kicked. So at least try to be helpful for a few. Okay? Bye! Vijay: Said who? Nelson: Who? Vijay: Flute. Vijay: I thought it will be nice to narrate the story in this way. Nelson: Your story is short but you are burying a lot of meanings in that. Vijay: What I'm trying to say is we should try to be flute rather than a football. Nelson: Definitely, we will try sir. Nelson: How are you doing this sir? After reading a small joke, how are you making it into a short story with a moral in it? Vijay: It's just drawing inspiration from everywhere. Nelson: We too draw inspiration but then throw it away. Nelson : Now I understand. If it's Audio Launch then we can ask you to dance for Jolly O Gymkhana, If I ask you to dance you will walk away so can you sing the song for us? Vijay: Yea Sure. Nelson: Do you know why I asked you to sing this song? You asked me to go away while you were recording this song. Vijay: You would sit behind me… I know what you will do there. Nelson: I just wanted to see you sing Vijay: A TV Interview after a very long time. Almost after 10-11 years. I was kind of tensed before the shoot but it really went well. I spoke about a lot of things, and even though there was no audio function I'm happy to have met you through this interview on Sun TV. My Tamil New Year wishes to all of you. Nelson: You shared a lot of things that I don't know and a lot of things that the people don't know. Thank you for that. And you made our Tamil New Year a special one. Nelson: I don't just want to end the interview just like that. Can you drop me back home? Vijay: Okay Sure. Nelson: Thank you, sir.

Comments